Visit my Online Clinic
- Bothell / Canyon Park
Relationship Issues, Parenting, Anxiety, Medical Family Therapy, Pregnancy/PostpartumMake an Appointment
Christina Barrows, MS, LMFT
As a Marriage and Family Therapist, I work with individuals, couples, and families. I enjoy working within that special range of “pregnancy to parenthood”, providing wrap-around care to help families flourish. I also work with clients with medical challenges, including chronic or terminal illness, food allergies, and other physical/emotional concerns. Other special populations include college students, eating disorders, and couples of all stages.My approach to counseling is client-centered, rooted in systems theory. This means that the tools or techniques used in therapy are based on what concerns or goals clients bring in.
My work is often informed by cognitive behavioral therapy, guided imagery, mindfulness, attachment theory, and solution-focused therapy. Some clients utilize more of a coaching style, often drawing from Positive Discipline or motivational interviewing, especially when working with parenting or health concerns. I believe that with some good humor and practicality, counseling can be an enjoyable opportunity for growth and connection
Experience & Education
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Washington (Lic. #LF60601457).
- Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Seattle Pacific University,
- Certificate in Medical Family Therapy from Seattle Pacific University.
- I am a member of the American Counseling Association.
- I am trained in Prepare/Enrich, a special inventory that helps guide premarital and parental counseling.
- I am also a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and trained in Lifespan Integration.
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health, First Choice, Optum, Aetna, Kaiser Permanente (KFHP), and Cigna. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must Cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.