Visit my Online Clinic
- Bothell / Canyon Park
Anxiety, Depression, Codependency, Coparenting Relationships, Healthy Boundaries, Family of Origin Issues, PTSD, Narcissistic Abuse RecoveryMake an Appointment
Christine Cuhaciyan, MA, LMHC, MHP
As a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) I have experience working with people from a diverse array of backgrounds and experiences. During my internship, I worked in community mental health with individuals suffering from depression, anxiety, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar, and schizoaffective disorder. Through my experiences working with this vulnerable population a pattern I saw emerge repeatedly was a history of trauma. Trauma is a catalyst for so many of the mental health issues that people seek counseling for.
In my private practice a major focus has been helping people recover from narcissistic abuse and codependency through psychoeducation, understanding relational trauma, family of origin issues, and learning to become empowered through assertive communication and healthy boundaries. While many of our wounds can be created because of damaging relationships, I firmly believe that this is also the place where healing can take place. This healing work must be done in the presence of a “safe” witness,” and that is where I come in. I can create a safe, welcoming, and compassionate space for you to be vulnerable and express what is troubling you.
My approach is collaborative, and I honor the wisdom that each person holds inside of them. The methods I use in session are varied because everyone is different, but I really enjoy using mindfulness strategies, cognitive restructuring, attachment theory, dialectical behavior therapy, and inner child work. I have extensive experience in narcissistic abuse, codependency, family of origin issues, relationship issues, and effective communication. I look forward to working with you!
Experience & Education
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Northwest University in 2017
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Arizona State University in 2009
- Narcissism & Addiction Workshop
- DV101 Comprehensive Training at New Beginnings Domestic Violence Center
- Illness Management & Recovery through Minnesota Center for Chemical & Mental Health
- Male Trauma 101: Engaging Males to Heal from Trauma from Healthy Minds Group: Training for the Mind
- Motivational Interviewing at North Sound Behavioral Health
- Family Law for the Mental Health Professional from Joseph Shaub, LMFT, JD.
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional from Eric Gentry, Ph.D., LMHC
- EMDR Training, Darlene Wade, MSW & Terence Wade, Ph.D. at EMDR Consulting
- Clinician at Compass Health’s assisting individuals struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and schizoaffective disorder.
- Coordinated and facilitated support groups for social anxiety.
- Prepared and facilitated educational/support groups for individuals healing from narcissistic abuse in intimate partner relationships.
I am a Preferred Provider with Aetna, First Choice, Kaiser Permanente, Premera. I am pending in network status with Beacon Health, Cigna, Optum, and Regence. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.