- West Lake Union / Julie’s Landing
Anxiety, Depression, Coping Skills, Child or Adolescent, Parenting, Spirituality, Trauma and PTSDMake an Appointment
Janaki Tremaglio, MA, MSW, LICSW, IMH-E®
I approach counseling with the belief that everybody experiences mental health concerns in their lifetime and deserves attuned support. I work with children, adolescents, and adults to carefully explore challenges and cultivate experiences of compassion. While inviting dialogue, I also utilize somatic and spiritual methods, as well as play therapy, to address sources of stress and foster inspiration. I aim to help people of all ages feel seen and heard, allowing deeper meanings and relief to emerge through connection.
My expertise in early childhood mental health provides me with a deep understanding of the influence of early experiences and how to address adversities across the lifespan. Extensive studies of Eastern spiritual traditions and bodywork training support my special interest in offering holistic therapy.
I use a psychodynamic approach blended with mindfulness, energy work, and yoga. With children, depending on age and need, I utilize relationship-based methods, such as Child Parent Psychotherapy, Circle of Security, Promoting First Relationship, and DIR-Floortime, or individual play therapy.
Gender Pronouns: she/her
Experience & Education
- Endorsed as Infant Mental Health Specialist, IMH-E® Level III, Washington Association of Infant Mental Health – 2018
- Master of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle, WA – 2016
- Graduate Certificate Infant Mental Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA – 2015
- Endorsed as Infant Family Specialist, IMH-E® Level II, New Mexico Association of Infant Mental Health – 2013
- Master of Arts in Eastern Classical Literature, St. John’s College, Santa Fe, NM – 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, minor International Studies, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA – 2002
I am a licensed independent clinical social worker (LW# 60933756) with over ten years of social work experience in social services and early childhood programs. I have special training in infant and early childhood mental health, a graduate degree in Eastern Classical Literature with extensive study in India, as well as bodywork training in infant massage instruction, Reiki, and cranio-sacral therapy.
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health, First Choice, Optum, Aetna, Kaiser Permanente (KFHP), and Cigna. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must Cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.