Visit my Online Clinic
- West Lake Union / Julie’s Landing
Trauma and PTSD, Parenting, Grief, Family Conflict, Blended Family, Multiracial Family IssuesMake an Appointment
Jen Graves, MS, MA, LMFT
It’s hard to be a person. Even when life is at its most joyful, our relationships, our pasts, and the constant presence of change can be overwhelming, confusing, or defeating. I’m here to help with that.
Therapy is my second career. I chose this work because I believe everybody deserves nonjudgmental support, whether they are in crisis, preparing for change, or simply stuck. I have seen what can happen when pain has no witness, and I have experienced the transformations that can take place when hurt and struggle are seen, heard, and met with compassion, understanding, and perspective. I am a longtime therapy client myself.
Research shows again and again that the success of psychotherapy depends on the strength of the relationship between the therapist and the client. The relationship we build and how we work together will be based on caring and realness, determined by what you need and want.
I provide individual, couple, and family therapy, and both brief and long-term treatment. My method of working is guided by developmental and attachment theory, and I offer traditional CBT and solution-focused talk therapy as well as trauma-responsive and body-integrative approaches including EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), mindfulness, and sex therapy.
As a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT), I have a special interest in supporting parents and stepparents, parent-child relationships, multiracial families, couples experiencing sexual and intimacy issues, and people experiencing trauma, grief and loss, and oppression associated with racial, socioeconomic, and LGBTQIA+ identities.
Gender Pronouns: she/her
Experience & Education
- Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Seattle Pacific University in 2019
- Experience working with children, teens, and adults with a wide range of issues, including trauma, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, family relationships, couples relationships, multiracial relationships, parenting and stepparenting, substance abuse, and oppression associated with racial, socioeconomic, and LGBTQIA+ identities
- Experience as a trained volunteer phone worker at the King County Crisis Line
- Additional training in somatic and attachment-focused EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy, and completing certification as a sex therapist with the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
I am a preferred provider with Premera. I am pending in network status with Aetna, Cigna, and First Choice. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.