- Cabrini Tower / First Hill
- Bothell / Canyon Park
Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, PTSD, Attachment Disorders, AnxietyMake an Appointment
Katie Butler, MA, LMHC
My approach to counseling is collaborative, strength-based, and tailored to meet each individual’s needs. My goal is to help individuals access their innate ability to heal and grow in the context of a safe, supportive, and trusting therapeutic relationship. I draw on multiple modalities and interventions depending on each person’s goals, preferences, and needs. These may include play therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, solution focused therapy, and attachment based therapies.
I am especially passionate about working with individuals with autism, ADHD, sensory processing disorders, and related developmental needs. As a former special education teacher, I am experienced in providing social and emotional instruction and support to children who struggle at school and at home. I am passionate about working with parents, caregivers, and children to implement mental and behavioral health support strategies that are effective, compassionate, and respectful of the child’s needs. My experience teaching has given me a better understanding of academic anxiety, and how to support children and teens who feel stressed and overwhelmed by the demands of school. My therapeutic style is gentle, and I approach each client’s challenges with patience, curiosity, and optimism.
Gender Pronouns: she/her
Experience & Education
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LH60884361) in the state of Washington
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Antioch University, Seattle
- Bachelor of Arts in Special Education with an additional endorsement in Elementary Education
- Experience providing therapy to children, adolescents, adults, and families facing a wide range of needs, including trauma, attachment disorders, autism, ADHD, behavioral challenges, and anxiety.
- Trained in play therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy, internal family systems, and various social skills interventions for children on the autism spectrum
- Five years experience teaching in an elementary autism support classroom in the Mercer Island School District
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health/Optum, First Choice, Aetna, and Kaiser Permanente (KFHP). I am pending in network status with Cigna.
Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance plans.
Must Cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.