- Cabrini Tower/ First Hill
- West Lake Union/Julie’s Landing
Anxiety, Behavioral Issues, Trauma/PTSD, Depression, Self EsteemMake an Appointment
Kelslan Scarbrough, MA, LMHC
As a licensed Mental Health Counselor, my approach to counseling is client-centered and eclectic in nature; drawing upon narrative, existential, drama, play, strength-based and evidenced-based modalities. I view each individual as the expert of their experience, and aim to create a holding space where unique strengths are celebrated and employed to create meaningful change. My education and experience provide me the opportunity to work with a variety of clinical concerns including relational distress, depression, anxiety, trauma, life transitions and personal wellness, among others. I have specific expertise in working with children, particularly those struggling with grief and loss, trauma, anxiety, ADHD, depression and behavioral concerns.
Education & Experience
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LH60749925) in the state of Washington
- Master’s Degree in Psychology with a dual focus of Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Drama Therapy from Antioch University.
- I have completed and hold a certificate for CBT+ (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for PTSD, anxiety, depression and behavioral concerns), an intensive training and six month consultation with Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress.
- I have additional training in Postmodern Brief Therapies and Play Therapy.
- My experience includes working with children and adolescents struggling with significant behavioral, traumatic, attachment and mental health concerns.
- I am a member of the American Counseling Association, and provide counseling to individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health/Optum, First Choice, Aetna, and Kaiser Permanente (KFHP).
Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance plans.
Must Cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.