- West Lake Union / Julie’s Landing
- Cabrini Medical Tower / First Hill
Depression, Anxiety, Self-Esteem, Relationship Issues, ParentingMake an Appointment
Margie Segress, MA, LMHC, NCC
In a world preoccupied with external measures of happiness and success, we all too often heap judgment, shame, and guilt on our symptoms of distress. I work with and regard young adults, adults, and partnerships of all backgrounds and areas of life-struggle through a lens of compassionate curiosity about their unique stories and ways of being in the world.
As an attachment-informed counselor, I believe our approaches to life develop out of our earliest relationships. Because those connections were oftentimes ill-equipped to facilitate our optimal growth, my aim is to create a transformative counseling relationship wherein we, together, re-narrate your unique story to include—and, thereby make more manifest—your (or your partnership’s) own resourcefulness and inner wisdom. Drawing from existential, narrative, Jungian, and attachment theories among others, I work from the assumption that with greater awareness and acceptance of the strategies we have developed in the face of life’s inherent difficulties, we are able to consciously release unhelpful thoughts, reactions, and patterns in order to embrace the creative responses that reflect the fullness of our authentically evolving selves.
Experience & Education
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LH60875184) in the state of Washington.
Board certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) as a National Certified Counselor (NCC).
- I am a member of the American Counseling Association, and provide counseling to individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Antioch University, Seattle, WA.
- Owner of Margie Segress, PLLC – private practice in Redmond, Washington.
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health, First Choice, Optum, Aetna, Kaiser Permanente (KFHP), and Cigna. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must Cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.