- Bothell / Canyon Park
Self-Esteem, Relationship & Family Issues, Depression, Anxiety, Stress & Trauma, Complex & Acute DisordersMake an Appointment
Mark Pilger, MA, LMHC, NCC
I provide psychotherapy and counseling services to adults, adolescents, and couples. In the framework of authentic therapeutic dialogue and connection, I honor the strengths and uniqueness of each client in the context of their life experience, and work to support them in creating the change they seek. My approach is client centered and flexible to best meet the needs of each client and their particular situation while being largely informed by an integration of Gestalt and mindfulness, as well as humanistic and attachment perspectives. I generally believe that working on multiple levels can be most effective – identifying, learning, and employing strategies for relief and stabilization of pressing concerns, while also engaging in deeper, longer term work around core issues. Some of my areas of interest include supporting actualization of personal growth and development, greater connection in relationships, and healing of past hurts and oppressions, as well as helping couples to improve their communication, process, and connection. I am proud to be trained and competent in multicultural counseling and welcome individuals of all age (16+), ability, development, ethnicity, race, religion and spirituality, gender, and sexuality. I also provide supervision and consultation services to counseling professionals and work as an adjunct professor teaching graduate studies.
Gender Pronouns: he/him/his
Education & Experience
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC #LH60822765) in Washington State.
- Board certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) as a National Certified Counselor (NCC).
- Professional memberships: American Counseling Association (ACA), Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), Western Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (WACES), Society for Sexual, Affectional, Intersex, and Gender Expansive Identities (SAIGE), and Counselors for Social Justice (CSJ).
- PH.D. Candidate – Counselor Education and Supervision (CES), Antioch University Seattle, School of Applied Psychology, (CACREP accredited) – currently working on dissertation – program focus on advanced counseling, counselor supervision, counselor education, research, and leadership and advocacy in the profession.
- Master of Art’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Antioch University Seattle, School of Applied Psychology, (CACREP accredited).
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Washington.
- Adjunct faculty at Antioch University Seattle – Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.A. graduate program
- 6 years and ongoing training with Gestalt Associates Training Los Angeles (GATLA) (gatla.org).
- Common Elements Treatment Approach (CETA) Certification – evidence-based treatment modality for depression, anxiety, substance use, and PTSD/trauma.
- Owner of Sunbreak Psychological Services, PLLC – private practice in Edmonds, Washington.
I am a preferred provider with Cigna, First Choice, Kaiser Permanente, Premera, and Regence. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
A Good Faith Estimate of expected charges is provided upon scheduling or upon your request for self-pay clients.
Must Cancel 48 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.