Visit my Online Clinic
- Cabrini Tower / First Hill
- Bothell / Canyon Park
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma, Domestic Violence, Situational CouplesMake an Appointment
Michelle Finley, PH.D., LMFT
I view my work with individuals, couples and families through a strengths-based, relational, collaborative, and multicultural framework. My specialties cover a variety of clinical issues that include trauma and loss, relational and family distress, anxiety, depression, addiction, and personal wellness. I specialize in working with trauma and abuse survivors and LGBTQ clients. Additionally, I am sensitive to clients’ various spiritual and religious perspectives, and work to incorporate their spirituality into the therapeutic process to the extent they wish. My use of therapy modalities ranges from cognitive-behavioral methods to more contextually and systemically oriented models such as internal family system, solution-focused brief therapy, and specific evidence-based models targeting symptoms related to post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, depression, and relational difficulties that often arise after traumatic experiences. Further, I privilege the role of attachment, bonding and emotion when working with clients, particularly when struggling with relational distress or trauma.
Experience & Education
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (License #LF60524033) in the State of Washington
- Over eight years of experience providing therapy services to individuals, couples and families.
- Recent clinical work has been helping clients achieve growth and healing after surviving interpersonal violence and childhood abuse.
- Clinical fellow of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Core Faculty at Antioch University Seattle’s School of Applied Psychology, Couples and Family Therapy.
- BA in History, MA in Marriage and Family Therapy, and a Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies with a specialization in Couple and Family Therapy at Purdue University.
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health, First Choice, Optum, Aetna, Kaiser Permanente (KFHP). I am pending in network status with Cigna. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must Cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.