Our therapists who counsel couples view relationship issues as problematic patterns of interaction, not as “problem people needing to be fixed.” As an outcome of couples counseling, clients learn to (a) transform negative patterns embedded in the relationship; (b) communicate to be heard and understood; and (c) sustain a strong sense of self in the relationship. Informed by evidenced-based practices, our therapists are trained in specialized multiple therapeutic approaches, including but not limited to: The Gottman Method, Emotional Focused Therapy and Bowen Couples Therapy. Couples counseling is typically short-term. Areas of focus include:
- Preparing for marriage or partnering
- Communicating to promote openness, understanding, and intimacy
- Navigating life transitions
- Resolving sexual issues and increasing intimacy
- Reconciling after trauma due to infidelity or loss and grief
- Relationship assessment or divorce therapy
Our counselors are in-network providers for most major health insurance companies, including but not limited to: Aetna, Alliance EAP, First Choice, First Choice EAP, Group Health PPO, LifeSynch EAP, Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health and Wellspring EAP.
As of June 1st, 2015, Cigna has contracted with Envision Counseling to provide out-of-network benefits at a reduced rate. Please call 206-858-1177 for additional details.