According to the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), most family therapy tends to be short term, averaging 9 sessions. The results of Marriage and Family Therapy are highly effective, as 90% of clients reported improved emotional health, and most reported improved physical health as well.
Trained in family systems, our therapists work collaboratively with family members to set goals, foster effective communication skills, and to appreciate the uniqueness of themselves and their family members. Using strength-based therapies tailored to each individual’s needs, family therapists consider the sociocultural context of the clients’ lives, and work in partnership ‘with’ families to create positive change in their lives. Typical areas of focus in family therapy are:
- Developing problem solving skills
- Navigating through family changes, while enhancing broader support systems
- Increasing the well-being of individual family members, while strengthening bonds between them
- Fostering understanding and insight while working through family lifecycle transitions
- Addressing the full spectrum of mental and emotional disorders in the context of family systems
Our counselors are in-network providers for most major health insurance companies, including but not limited to: Aetna, Alliance EAP, First Choice, First Choice EAP, Group Health PPO, LifeSynch EAP, Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health, Wellspring EAP.
As of June 1st, 2015, Cigna has contracted with Envision Counseling to provide out-of-network benefits at in-network rates. Please call 206-858-1177 for additional details.