In individual counseling, the client and counselor meet in a one-on-one supportive context to clarify the presenting problem, set goals and create a plan to create positive change. Individual counseling facilitates clients to increase their understanding of self, transform negative states, and strengthen their capacity to effectively manage personal and professional challenges. Counseling can be short- or long-term, depending on the client’s unique socio-cultural context, needs and personal goals. Areas of individual counseling include:
- Strengthening a positive sense of self
- Coping with grief, loss, and trauma
- Navigating life transitions
- Transforming anxiety, depression, and post-partum blues/depression
- Managing states of anger, panic, loss of control
- Embracing body image, post-partum depression
- Balancing the demands of professional and family life
Our counselors are in-network providers for most major health insurance companies, including but not limited to: Aetna, Alliance EAP, First Choice, First Choice EAP, Group Health PPO, LifeSynch EAP, Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health, Wellspring EAP.
As of June 1st, 2015, Cigna has contracted with Envision Counseling to provide out-of-network benefits at a reduced rate. Please call 206-858-1177 for additional details.