Visit my Online Clinic
- Bothell / Canyon Park
Anxiety, Depression, Grief and Loss, Coping Skills, Substance Abuse, Addictive Behaviors, Parenting, Relationship IssuesMake an Appointment
Daniella Fernandez, MA, LMFT, LMHCA, SUDP
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate, and a certified Substance Use Disorder Professional. I have experience working in outpatient, residential, and inpatient behavioral health programs providing a range of services, including substance use treatment, co-occurring disorder treatment, and crisis care for acute mental illness. After completing my education and training as a therapist, I began my pursuit of a Ph.D. in Forensic Psychology. I am currently a doctoral candidate and close to completion of the program.
My counseling approach is based on my belief that we all strive for balance and fulfillment in our lives and crave strong connections with others. When we are faced with certain events such as stress, loss, trauma, or conflicts in our relationships, we may experience significant emotional distress as we struggle to cope. At times, we may respond in ways that are ineffective or even destructive as we attempt to find solutions or address our emotional pain. These responses are often shaped by past experiences and we can become “stuck” in these dysfunctional ways of responding. While our past can inform our future, it does not need to define it. We are the creator of our own story and I believe we are all capable and deserving of finding meaning and satisfaction in our lives.
My role is to support clients in their journey toward self-discovery, personal growth, and life fulfillment. By providing a safe space and collaborative therapeutic environment, I hope to empower clients to utilize their inner strengths to navigate challenging life events and strengthen personal relationships. My approach is individualized and is informed by attachment theory, family systems theory, and humanistic principles. I utilize a variety of treatment modalities, including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and provide therapy that is person-centered, emotion-focused, and trauma-informed. Techniques used may include psychoeducation, experiential exercises, and skill building.
Experience & Education
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LF60636895)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (MC60936460)
- Substance Use Disorder Professional (CP60466478)
- Ph.D. in Forensic Psychology (doctoral candidate), Walden University
- Master of Philosophy in Forensic Psychology, Walden University
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Child, Couple, and Family Therapy, Antioch University Seattle
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Western Washington University
- Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- 10 years of experience providing therapy to individuals, couples, and families
- 10 years of experiencing providing group counseling and facilitating psychoeducational groups
- Experience and training in Seeking Safety, a trauma focused therapy
- Experience and training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Cigna, Aetna, Kaiser Permanente, First Choice, and Regence. I am pending in network status with Optum. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.