Our child counselors utilize play therapy as a method for children to express themselves in a safe way.
Play therapy, an effective mental health approach regardless of age, gender or nature of the problem, is a proven method for children to express themselves, resolve problems and self-advocate. Child counseling is most effective when a parent, family member or caretaker is actively involved in the treatment process.
Child clients often seek help to:
- Develop social and relationship skills
- Address behavioral problems, including anger management or emotional self-regulation
- Enhance positive communication skills between parent and child
- Cope with grief and loss, divorce and abandonment, or crisis and trauma
- Manage anxiety, depression, ADHD, autism, learning disabilities or pervasive developmental disorders
Our counselors are in-network providers for most major health insurance companies, including but not limited to: Aetna, Cigna, First Choice, Kaiser Permanente, Premera, Regence, and Optum/United Healthcare. Please call 206-858-1177 for additional details.