Individual counseling allows clients to meet in a one-on-one supportive setting to clarify the presenting problem, set goals and create a plan to implement positive change.
Individual counseling enables clients to increase their understanding of self and strengthen their capacity to effectively manage personal and professional challenges. Counseling can be short- or long-term, depending on the client’s unique socio-cultural context, needs and personal goals. Areas of individual counseling may include:
- Strengthening a positive sense of self
- Coping with grief, loss, and trauma
- Navigating life transitions
- Transforming anxiety, depression, and post-partum blues/depression
- Managing states of anger, panic, loss of control
- Embracing body image, post-partum depression
- Balancing the demands of professional and family life
Our counselors are in-network providers for most major health insurance companies, including but not limited to: Aetna, Cigna, First Choice, Kaiser Permanente, Premera, Regence, and Optum/United Healthcare. Please call 206-858-1177 for additional details.