Visit my Online Clinic
- West Lake Union / Julie’s Landing
Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem, Perinatal, Eating DisordersMake an Appointment
Kate Vittes, PhD, MPH, MSW, LSWAIC
My name is Kate, and I am committed to helping adults and older adolescents (16+) who are feeling unhappy or stuck to navigate a path forward. I work with individuals struggling with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties, disordered eating, infertility, pregnancy and becoming a new parent.
My approach to therapy is relational, psychodynamic, and client-centered. I believe that individuals can move forward in their own lives by understanding the inner workings of their current and past relationships, including the relationship between client and therapist. Research shows that an authentic and trusting relationship between therapist and client is the most important predictor of successful outcomes. My approach to therapy is client-centered, which means that I believe that you are the expert of your life and circumstances. You set the pace of therapy, and we work together to create a safe, trusting, and nonjudgmental space for us to work together to reach your goals.
Therapy is a second career for me. I returned to graduate school because I am passionate about helping people, and I believe deeply in the therapeutic process.
I appreciate that seeking help takes courage. Congratulations on taking this first step.
Experience & Education
- Licensed Social Worker Associate Independent Clinical (License # SC-61351496)
- Member of the Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work
- Experience providing weekly therapy in a community mental health setting to children, adolescents, and their families with a wide range of issues including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, PTSD, and grief and loss.
- Master of Social Work, University of Washington (2021)
- PhD in Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles (2006)
- Master of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles (2000)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California, Los Angeles (1996)
I am a Preferred Provider with Aetna, Cigna, First Choice, Kaiser Permanente, Premera, and Regence. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance plans.
A Good Faith Estimate of expected charges is provided upon scheduling or upon your request for self-pay clients.
Must cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.