Visit my Online Clinic
- Cabrini Tower / First Hill
Approved Supervisor, Bowen Family Systems, Coaching, Infidelity, Mood Disorders, Peer Relationships, Clinical Business Consulting
Kim McBride, PhD, LMFT
I have provided individual and couple therapy services and consulted with family-owned businesses for over 18 years. My education, training, and experience have prepared me to counsel individuals of all ages, ethnicities, races, religions, and sexual orientations.
I view every individual’s problems in the context of their life and relationships. My approach to therapy is best described as brief, relationally based, client-centered and outcome-oriented. Areas of interest include personal growth and development, relationship enhancement, individual and family life-transition challenges, and career enrichment and transition. I often assign homework and ask clients to read pertinent articles. When appropriate, I use assessment tools and questionnaires to gather additional information. The length of treatment varies from client to client and couple to couple, generally ranging from one to four months.
When not counseling clients in private practice, I serve as a Teaching Faculty member at Antioch University Seattle’s School of Applied Psychology, Couple and Family Therapy program.
Experience & Education
- PhD in Marriage Family Therapy, Northcentral University, AZ (2020) – Couples Specialization
- Washington Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (WAMFT) Educator of the Year 2013
- Certificate in Organization Development, Fielding Graduate University, CA (2007)
- Master’s in Psychology, CCFT, Antioch University, Seattle, WA (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Studies, Antioch University, Seattle, WA (2000)
I am a preferred provider with Premera, Regence, United Behavioral Health, First Choice, Optum, Aetna, Kaiser Permanente (KFHP). I am pending in-network status with Cigna. I accept allowable out-of-network fees. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance.
Must cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid a $150 fee.