Visit my Online Clinic
- Seattle / Sixth & Lenora
Anxiety, Depression, Life Transitions, Relationships, Parenting, Divorce Counseling, Somatic Practices, Mindful Self-Compassion, Couples, and FamiliesMake an Appointment
Gwen DeLoach, LSWAIC, MSW, MBA
I think of therapy as a journey. On this journey, I am your guide but you determine the pace, how far you want to go and, most importantly, where you want to go. If your goals are crystal clear, my job is to keep you moving forward. If your goals are unclear, and you just know something must change, my job is to help you choose the path that calls to you. In all cases, I am responsible for keeping the journey safe and helping you identify and remove obstacles that stand in the way.
There are three core beliefs that guide my philosophy. First, within each of us lives our truest self, which is unchangeable by life’s challenges. It is the source of our creativity, calm, curiosity and courage. Second, the need for human connection is our most essential instinct and is tied to our need for safety and belonging. And finally, to survive in this world, we often unconsciously adopt patterns and behaviors to secure and maintain this connection. However, these patterns and behaviors, which make perfect sense in the context of our lived experience, can be inconsistent with our deepest sense of who we are, and we can lose touch with our authentic self.
On our journey together, my job is to create a safe, accepting space where we can explore your outer and inner world and identify which patterns and behaviors still serve you, and which don’t. Together we will find the space that will allow you to make intentional choices aligned with your truest self and not driven by habit. I believe the best answers to the questions we will face will come from your inner knowledge, including your values, dreams and deepest sense of who you are.
I am a clinical social worker and have worked with individuals, couples and families in inpatient and outpatient environments, and completed post-graduate family therapy training. My approach is informed by Attachment Theory, Internal Family Systems Therapy, Somatics, Psychodynamics and Neuroscience, among others.
Experience & Education
- Licensed Social Worker Associate Independent Clinical (License SC 61037144) in Washington State
- Master of Social Work from New York University
- Master of Business Administration from The University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Economy from The University of California, Berkeley
- Continuing Education: Foundations in Family Therapy and Live Clinical Supervision, The Ackerman Institute for the Family
- Continuing Education: The Body Keeps the Score – Trauma Healing, Bessel van der Kolk
- Continuing Education: Internal Family Systems: A Step-by-Step Guide Through Clinical Application, Frank Anderson, MD and Richard Schwartz, PhD
- Continuing Education: Attachment Strategies for Adult Relationships, Diane Poole Heller, LCSW, LPC, MFT
- Continuing Education: Mindful Self-Compassion, Elizabeth Lin, MD, MPH and Joel Grow, PhD
I am a preferred provider with Premera. Please call for inquiries regarding additional insurance plans.
A Good Faith Estimate of expected charges is provided upon scheduling or upon your request for self-pay clients.
Must cancel 24 hours before the appointment to avoid $100 fee.